Sunday, September 25, 2011

Beautiful Daughter

last night I dreamt a strange dream. in my dream i was going to give a talk about the inner beauty of God's daughters. when i woke up i could remember most of the material i had been able to gather and could actually quote what one person said to me in my dream.

at that part of my dream i was in a long beautiful dress but was walking through the dust and dirt on my knees. i was destroying my beautiful dress. one boy turned to me and taking me by the hand told me "You are too beautiful not to stand and walk tall."

recently i had a sweet experience. a boy in my seminary class and concert choir class has been telling me i'm beautiful. the first time he told me i told you about it here. it really shocked me. however on the bus ride back home from concert choir {during which he told me most opportunities that he had that i was beautiful}, he explained it more fully to me. he told me that yes i'm physically beautiful...but it was more than that. a beauty of personality. a beautiful person. i have heard stories like this before, where someone is told something like that...it made me feel so good that someone was saying it about me, that it simply made me want to try even better to be the person that he might think i am; because yes, i too have made mistakes, major ones.

when i woke up from my dream this morning i wrote it all down. then i went searching for a talk about this, because i felt like i needed to tell my young women {i'm now laurel's president if that's not a shock enough for someone out there...i don't know what else would be, haha} and i'm hoping that sis. clark, the YW's president will let me maybe give it as a thought for our Young Women's in Excellence coming up soon. i'm pretty sure she will let me though, because she wants me in charge of planning some of it.

anyhow THIS is the talk that i clicked on and spent time reading before i would be too late to get ready for church. it said almost everything i think was in my dream. it was kind of weird but really cool. some of my favorite quotes and a generalization of my notes:

"It isn't just about cosmetics or clothing. What makes a young woman truly attractive comes from her heart." - Elder Lynn G. Robbins

"Happiness is the most attractive accessory a young woman can have."

-the smile is the most charming cosmetic

"Makeup...can enhance appearance. But no amount of eye shadow, lipstick, or mascara could possibly compete with the natural attractiveness of a genuine smile."

-choose happiness to create that smile

"A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

- Eliza Dolittle, the beauty was always there - she just needed someone else's help in discovering it.

-"a beautiful radiance in virtue." chastity

- bad women also smile, to beguile men (like potaphar's wife and delilah)

"Tell me what you smile and laugh at, and I'll tell you who you are."

Truman G. Madsen: "This Light of the spirit cannot be faked. All of the theater lights and stages and camera trickery and Photoshop manipulation may convince the unaware that artificial light has the same effect. It does not. Artificial light ends with the flipping of a switch. It is merely a backhanded tribute to Light. Christ is the Life and the Light -- the Light that lightens hearts through thick and think."

-modest=outward sign and a requirement. without modesty, divine cheerfulness and RADIANCE disappears...vanishes


- in beauty pageants only one is declared the "fairest of them all" but with God - there is no competition

end of notes. (:

So in other words...I was very spiritually uplifted today. sometimes it really has nothing to do with what you wear and how you look on the outside. Sometimes that happens to me...a lot in one day, like today. I already have four other posts lined up for this week - all from spiritual ideas i had today. be prepared.

love you all,

Kaylla

1 comment:

brittani said...

this is brilliant (:
thank you for sharing.

hope you're doing well.

come visit