Sunday, July 3, 2011

happy thoughts!


best cure for a blue day? happy thoughts! yah i know, stupid private school weirdo telling you that. i completely agree. but who knows, maybe this will work. i haven't been posting all the posts i've been actually writing because they are all so depressing and repetitive. yah. i'm a sucker.

anyway! first happy thought! my brothers don't think i'm a complete wimp and spoiled brat anymore! {at least this is the impression i am receiving} in fact we had a ton of fun yesterday emptying the attic and moving about 64 buckets of wheat and rice. let me tell you....WHOA, that attic was like 160 degrees, literally the plastic boxes they were bringing down were hot to the touch! and those wheat buckets? yah, i have the beginnings of blisters on my hands because they were just so heavy. but it was really great! and i'm not even joking - i LOVE being around my brothers, something about being around them makes me feel so fulfilled. i wanna marry someone who is a mix of all three of them: the calm temperament of cameron and quirkiness too; the spontaneous character and rough/rugged parts of aaron {men: rugged is SO attractive to girls fyi}; and the artistic eye and appreciation i feel from jordon. i am just so blessed to have them as my brothers. yah. WOW. no one is luckier than me except probably...yah i don't even know of someone to list as luckier than myself, haha

happy thought #2! so also yesterday, after we dropped off all the buckets and emptied both the moving truck {careful not to give meg any of the heavy ones} and the trailer {took all day to fill both and a matter of 2 and a half hours to empty - what's with that?} we were talking outside and we turned off the lights...and guess what? you can see the stars. ok so you've heard me talk about stars before duh, but you have never seen stars like that. with no city lights to interfere it's like you are in a completely different world - you can even see the milky way! it's just absolutely beautiful, and the view from my bedroom window could seriously see all the way to midvale if i wanted to, if only there weren't a mountain in the way.

happy thought #3...ok so i've actually been pretty down about the new ward that we've moved into - nobody has really welcomed us in and it's just overall kind of lame. i would like some friends other than my own sister {no offense Lo - i just gotta have a social life otherwise i'll be driven insane} but today i saw this guy...i honestly dunno what it was but i swear i recognized him from somewhere! i still don't know where from {i think it might just be nothing, maybe he's chandler's cousin that he was telling me about that lives down there and i'm just seeing family resemblance but whatevs} haha...i just keep crossing my fingers that not only will i be able to make friends with some cool girls but mostly i really want guy friends again. i fricken miss esteban, nick, jongthu, cameron, drew, david, madison and all the other fellas...i just can't believe i probably won't see people like austin and michael ever again...totally depressing note - back to happy thoughts, this guy seemed friendly, maybe i'll actually go to mutual {haha}

happy thought...#4? i'm not sure what the next happy thought will be about...give me a sec...oh! i was looking online this morning at the salem hills' high school website and the art teacher? she was my sunday school substitute last week! yah i know right? totally awesome, and i really liked her too. i'm thinking i'll take an art class this coming year - because i regretted not taking one last year so badly, i'll make up for it.

happy thought #5 - my mom is going to let me design my own bedroom for once {so happy!} and i decided that since the walls are a really warm but pale yellow - i'm going to make my room yellow, blue and white - my mom said that maybe she can help me get a new comforter for my bed and when she buys curtains she'll get me blue ones instead of whatever other color she was thinking. my own room....for the first time {except for that one month deal i loved after jordon left but then we moved afterward...} yup. SO excited for those new accomodations!

so...yah, i'm pretty much out of happy thoughts {overall it was kind of a fail, because the sad has still got me under it's claw..? but at least this post was about something other than that right? right.} *smile hard

kaylla

No comments: