Saturday, July 16, 2011

An Adventure


"the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

at least i think that is how the proverb goes. not sure - you can google it i'm sure if you want to exact quote.

so onward and upward: my journey of a thousand miles? making a new reality and accepting that the old one has forgotten me and that i really should forget all about it.

so today for the bulk of the day, well it was pretty much being lazy and catching up on my favorite tv series "haven" because the premiere for the second season came out yesterday. but then around seven i went to a stake dance/social activity...

that was...interesting.

first of all when they said that it was at a barn i thought "oh ok, so like someone's personal gym or something maybe"...nope, it really was a barn. i have the manure and sandcovered flip-flops and jeans to prove it. first mistake? wearing those jeans. second mistake? ...can't think of a second one actually - but we'll see

so my dad dropped me off at the place and i wandered around trying to find out where the entrance was. once i found it i stood behind some chairs {new girl: i obviously don't really have friends yet...} but luckily one of the girls from my YW's class saw me {in fact i was standing just behind her} which i'm really thankful for because otherwise i probably would have walked home early.

i went to go play some volleyball with her and her friends {yes, awkward seeing as i don't really know anyone...when will it stop being awkward? gosh, kind of sick of that}

haha my favorite part was when the ball got stuck behind some railing and not any of the boys even tried to climb over...REALLY weird - where's Drew when ya need him? after years and years of our soccer balls going over the fence at AHS it ended up being me getting it, after like 5 minutes of waiting for someone else to do it. wow kaylla (:

oh and i took my shoes off...? not sure what was worse, flip flops on and manure filled sand or just my bare feet....I'm sure I smelled wonderful. but you know me - as long as it's fun, it's worth getting dirty. it really wasn't bad; just when i thought that i was stepping on poo...

haha

there was this one guy {troy? not sure} who was hilarious! if there was a blond version of nick, that was troy. truly a heart of gold - and he doesn't seem to find it awkward to talk to me, even if we haven't talked at all much.

met two emily's, one whittney, zack, saw jacob and max johnson again, oh and after volley ball i went to go dance some line dances with erika {yeeeahh kelsey - line dancing...maybe i was wrong that these people weren't hicks. jk jk} (: they really are all pretty normal, in fact a lot like the upper highland/alpine people

so we danced the chicken dance, got some drinks of water, talked to erika about sign language {I've always wanted to learn - now going to salem hills high i might actually get the chance!!} talked to Becca {another girl from my ward whose been pretty cool} and then there were a group of girls and we were talking - something about one of them hacked into the other girls' facebook account, etc...they sound like kaytlyn and kelsey (:

so then there was a slow dance. dunno why someone requested a slow dance at a social like that...it was pretty much outdoorsy stuff...oh well, but i really REALLY REALLY don't like slow dances anymore, in fact ahead of time i told myself - kaylla if there are slow dances, RUN. not walk - RUN. too late. Jacob asked me and at first i said no {then i realized what a JERK thing that was to do} {stop thinking about yourself kaylla} and said yes. i gotta say, i doubt many other girls can say they have had a slow dance with a fella like him. he told me how to sit on his lap so that he could move his wheelchair in circles but occasionally his chair would get stuck and i'd have to get out and fix it, eventually i just stood up and we kept talking (: what a fun guy.

i don't think i was able to ever tell you about the johnsons! my dad's mom and dad {my grandparents} were like best friends with jacob's grandparents, so my dad and jacob's mom families were really close, so when we moved here and my dad saw leslie, it was like a reunion! so i've gotten to know jacob a bit more than everyone else. they're a really cool family. really cool. (: max reminds me of jordon at that age!

so then after the slow song, talked some more i think, talked to erika, mostly i can't remember really...met her brother zack who seriously looks like he could be austin hills' twin brother {weird i know...maybe they are related...i should ask} {oh and megan looks like briana...WOW, i'll ask about them too (: }

got a ride home..."tidied up" and went home (: zack tried to tell me that i really should tryout for the soccer team, he's a soccer player too - striker - but i don't know...i don't want to make a fool of myself, showing up to tryouts and being REALLY bad. i dunno...i just don't feel like making a fool of myself. i will probably go to all the home games though - i like watching soccer (: even before last year.

so then i came home, took a shower to wash the manure sand off of my body and waited for my parentals and lo to come home - the went to see harry potthead {jk of course} because her birthday is tomorrow and they wanted to do something special for her.

now i'm going to bed (: night!

kaylla

1 comment:

Ashley said...

sounds like a fun filled day! :)