Sunday, July 17, 2011

To Lilly.

so yah, today is my older sister's birthday! she's 19 and as awesome as ever. these past few weeks with practically just me and her here at home all alone (pathetic teenagers like us don't have jobs yet, no money, no car, and too lazy to ride our bikes up that killer hill) has been really cool actually. I've never been quite so close to her - sometimes i still need my time alone, or just not with her (i'm an idiot and have my moods too) we've had some good laughs (:

as always - i'm thankful that she never judges me. she's always been miss reality while i have always been miss romantic/drama queen. and when i am having a weird mood - she just gives me a funny look and ignores me. instead of giving me the attention that i am egging her for, she just casually plays it cool.

like the other day - i was walking around the house, like some zombie half-crazed weirdo, walking on my tip-toes and screeching weirdly, saying funny things and touching her arm all creepy like, hunching my back...basically playing the creep (: and she just kept on pouring her orange juice.

or once when we were younger, we were in our bedroom one sunday night and i had a sudden burst of random energy and started doing something...i can't even remember but it was weird - lilly just laughed at me. i love how she has always just accepted people for who they are.

she's not always had it easy - but she just toughens up and keeps on moving. sometimes (most of the time) she doesn't even let on that she is hurting if she is. in fact i can't remember her crying very often and if she does, it's big (compared to me who although i don't cry a lot - i cry more than she does for sure)

it's funny - growing up, she was always the tomboy, and i was the one who wouldn't wear anything but dresses. sometimes i wonder if she and i were exact opposites because i made sure of it, or if we really are exact opposites. i know i could never marry someone like her (guy version of course) because she and i have different priorities obviously - but she's my sister. and i love her. forever (:

funny again...sometimes i wonder if we switched places because SO often i feel like i am the older sister, or maybe i'm just a bossy person and lilly listens to me because i really am right. (: {just kidding of course!!!}

i'm sorry lilly for the little terror i've been through these 17 years that i've been alive with ya, i'm sorry for punching you in the stomach that one time and for calling you names {although in my defense, you called me "dodo" far too often} haha, i'm sorry for wrecking your bed that one time, and i'm sorry for ever touching the lenses of your glasses {but thanks for letting me pretend to be a nerd on occasion haha}, i'm sorry for all of my petty mistakes.

happy birthday gally. your obsession with robin hood is almost infectious. gallons and pounds of ramen noodles and burritos. the movie guessing game {which i have realized is a much harder game to play with dvds these days} and thousands of laughs since the day i was born {me of course because you obviously were a horribly sad and colicky child without me to fill your life with smiles}

Love you Lo (:

kaylla


No comments: