Sunday, August 22, 2010

"Let me find a place where I can run away"

I've mentioned that my brother told our family that we carry a lot of pent up feelings right? I think it was the post about rainclouds. Well . . . he visited again last night and Lils and I started arguing over you'll never guess what . . . the way she said embroidery. I was the one who took offense. So what it was was this. My brother Cameron borrowed my hiking backpackers pack and Lilly and I have the exact same one except I embroidered my initials on it - I couldn't use a black maker because it is black and anything else seemed like it would fade or fall off so I stitched my famous MW on it. Lilly mentioned this at the dinner table with a tone of voice that meant she thought it was funny and comical and something to sneer at - but get this - nobody caught the tone of voice except me! So I was arguing with her about embroidery and Cameron and my Mom went berserk because they thought I was flipping out because of nothing . . . well I was but still!

ANYWAY - on to what this post is really about. So Cameron mentioned that we both needed somewhere personally to go to to cool off, a sort of run away place. He told us how all of my brothers (including him) had had somewhere to go, Cameron would walk the dog long long LONG distances, Aaron would go . . . I can't remember where and Jordon would go drive his car up the mountains. I think Aaron may have done that too. So he suggested that we both find a place. Then of course we went on and talked about other stuff.

But what if I did find a place? Actually take my brother's advice . . . where do I go? In our house every room has someone who will potentially come in and barge in on you. So I went and walked our dog last night. That was nice . . . but kind of scary seeing as we live in the middle of the city now. So that wasn't the answer. BUT miracle of miracles! My dad had driven our other car home - so we now actually have two cars! So - after I get in my 40 hours of driving and take the online Drivers Ed then I can take Range and then Voila!!! I can have my place to run away to.

It's a beautiful idea, running away without running away.

Anyway - just thought I'd say that . . . something to write and talk about.

Lots of Love!!!!!!!!!!

Kaylla

oh . .. pictures . . . hmmm - aha! here we go. (look up) that's my car - except there's a big dent in the side that's visible :D

No comments: