Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dunno what to call this post


There is one topic that I'm often found as easily approachable about; other girls' boy problems. It's rather funny actually - girls that are into that sort of thing (not all but I've been surprised by how many) have told me that I'm good to talk to. I wonder why that is? I give the advice of action I would hope I would take in situations like that . . . but it's funny because I rarely do.

Not to mention I'm a Charles Dickensian sort of old lady (if you've seen and/or read David Copperfield or Great Expectations then you'd realize that there's an old woman in both who takes a young girl in and tries to make her into a man-hater) anyway - I'm almost (notice word use "almost" a man-hater. I love my brothers and dad of course and a few select others (will not name) :) but other than that I don't think I trust men very much. It's really pretty interesting . . . if you like studying the way a girl thinks and how her time growing up affects her grownup years. I saw the trailer for "He's Just NOT That Into You" and was pretty convinced that girls who think that all guys like them stems from the fact that older siblings, moms and whoever else tells them that when someone of the opposite sex is mean it just means they like them. Rather humorous :D

I'm kind of babbling amn't I. Well - if you don't want to read this you're welcome to check out some other blog :D because I'm fixated on the subject of how I think liking boys is overrated and I think that most boys are either way to into THEMSELVES - too oblivious to when a girl is really good for him and . . . yeah. Interestingly enough I think my aversion to boys stems more from lack of wanted attention growing up than from broken heart. I don't think a boy has ever broken my heart except once and that person doesn't count :D

So what am I getting at here . . . I don't even know . . . I think I'm just trying to get out all the pent up emotions. That's good for the health.

Did you know that stopping yourself from sneezing can create potential heart problems? It can - so beware - let yourself sneeze :)

I've often told my brother Cameron that I don't think a guy will ever truly love me - that or I could never commit to something like that. I've got the stability of Missouri weather when it comes to who I like and don't like (Missouri weather I've heard can change on you in minutes). Most likely the latter of the two - because even totally rude people and people with major problems have people fall in love with them, but I don't think I'll ever fall in love.

So here's my plan. Well Plan A I guess.

A: Hope for the best but plan for the worst is my motto so I will just not get married unless THE PERFECT MAN FOR ME comes along and if he doesn't then I'll find some old guy who's already been married and his wife's died or something and then I'll marry him in the temple - and voila! I can go to the Celestial Kingdom but he won't have to spend eternity with me because he'll probably want to spend it more with his first wife. It works :D

But that's only the worst case scenario. I hope. :D

I have the feeling that I'm in the most sardonic mood. Look up the word sardonic - it's a pretty cool word :)

I really hate those pens that you have to twist in order to get the ball point to come out - it annoys me because when you're writing (if you write like me) then you twist your pen as you write and it slowly spins itself back in and you have to constantly be twisting it out again. Annoying.

My brother went on a hike recently (I've been talking a lot about Cameron but hopefully nobody minds right? right. good.) so anyway - hiking - and he brought the friend over that he was going hiking with and so we were all talking while Cameron got the stuff they needed together and I actually could talk to him like a normal person - it was pretty cool. I wish most guys were that mature, then I might change my mind but they're not so I won't.

Well . . . I'm not sure but this post is getting kind of old to me.

Oh - boyfriends and girlfriends are useless until you can actually get serious. And if your family doesn't like whoever you're considering marrying then please don't marry them (unless of course you aren't really that close to your family) (ASK THEM if you don't already know.)

It's kind of windy outside.

I love umbrellas - I want to take a picture one day of me walking across a street with an umbrella . . . it would be kind of retro and then cool at the same time. Okay - so I'm not even talking about what I meant to talk about anymore so I'll say goodbye now!!!

Goodbye Now!!!!

Kaylla

2 comments:

ReallyShawn said...

Loved this post, I feel the same way so often!
Also related to you being approached about other people's boy problems (which in my case is funny because out of all my friends I have the LEAST boy experience :P)
Oh, and loved the reference to Missouri weather. :D

kaylla said...

I was thinking about you when I wrote about the Missouri weather . . . :D Thanks ReallyShawn!!!