Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day

It wasn't quite like I said it would be but it was still really great :D

Started out with a headache and a nervous anxiety only beat by a concert that I'm unprepared to sing in :) which is pretty normal. By the end of the day though I was actually excited for tomorrow.

I'm going to go through each class and give my little note on it.

English: We had Mr. Haymond for probably ten minutes before we had to go to the Flag Ceremony which was cool (and wet - it rained pretty hard this morning) and the cannon was awesome. Then we went inside and Mr. Beckwith talked and then he introduced some of our foreign exchange students. Then by that time that class time was over (which really stinks because I love Mr. Haymond's classes

Math: I was surprised because our math class is partly combined with some of the Seniors, like Liz, Austen, Michael, Estaban (French foreign exchange student), and I think that's it . . . ? maybe more but they were in a different part of the room and yeah. So I've forgotten almost everything over the summer so my brain felt like someone had taken it into their hands and mushed it :D I felt pretty dumb in that class - not to mention having Seniors behind you and next to you is pressure I don't like in Math class. :]

Financial Literacy: this class is only on Mondays and every other day during this period it's Chemistry - and I'll write about that one tomorrow. Maybe. So basically we just talked school - it should be an okay class, probably will never be a favorite but at least I don't hate it and it's better to have Mr. Hunsaker as a teacher than Mr. Beckwith. Not as much pressure to be the perfect student ;)

Seminary: I miss Bro. Casper. Sorry Bro. Renstrom but it's the hard truth. It almost feels wrong to have a Seminary class and NOT have Bro. Casper there. It's not fair. But maybe we'll have a miracle and have him again next year. I can only hope. BUT I will try to make the best of this year - Bro. Renstrom is okay and funny and it shouldn't be that bad it's just I'm missing the familiar stuff.

LUNCH! obviously I eat during these marvelous 30 minutes. I played soccer in my extra time . . . and yeah - suffered another dose of Memory Lane (today I keep flashing back to last year this exact day . . . so much happened in that one day that I'm surprised it was only 24 hours) anyway - Memory Lane is the longest and often the rockiest road you tread.

American History: Mr. Haymond again - and need I say "AWESOME!" So we're only doing Foundations these next two weeks but it'll be great all the same. :) We went over For the Strength of Youth and that was a really cool conversation. I can tell just from the fact that I have TWO classes with him that this year is going to be a BLAST. I am so excited.

Family Science: so I was worried that my not taking a language this year would be a waste because of this class but I am SO glad. I'm sure the new Spanish teacher is awesome but Mr. Bohn is AMAZINGLY cool and funny and smart so that class should be a BLAST too.

Choir: of course I love this class. How could I not? I made a new friend (I think) her name is Kaitlyn (think that's how it's spelled but not 100% sure) and there are a lot more guys and people all in all - so it should be a good year in there as well. :) I'm also going to audition for the Chamber Choir and then see if I can get into Youth Chorus . . . maybe that's a bit too much music??? nah . . .


SO - the part everybody's been dying to read right? Wrong - hopefully. So yes everybody has their eye on a guy now; school has started so the girls have started claiming their "new meat". That is except me and a select others. hopefully :D

So this is how 1st day of school crushes start out. Glance, giddy stomach that a cute guy looks at you. Curiosity - why does he keep looking at you? Then comes a commonality (no matter how painfully distant) that seems to bring you a lot "closer" then . . . a few more glances, a smile, attractive voice and so on and a girl is gone.

Someone please tell me how horribly wrong I am but I think I'm dreadfully right. :) that's the beauty of being a girl with a history of hardly ever NOT liking a guy and finally actually not liking one. Even if there is "new meat", raw meat usually has to be cooked right? A new kid to a school like ours is going to take a LONG time to become an American Heritage School Scholar (as Mrs. Updike would call them as compared to a Student) ;)

But yeah . . . that's the first day. Enjoyable? Yes, because I for once didn't have a headache on the first day of school WOOT WOOT!!!

Love ya!

Kaylla

PS - the picture of an eagle because I feel like this year is going to be one where we overcome those drafts and gales of wind against us and we will soar. Also because it's a pretty picture. and if I had a ginger ale glass and someone to make a toast with then I would say "here's to a year without ripping heartstrings, great grades, peace of mind and soaring of intellect!"

Huzzah!

No comments: