Sunday, February 28, 2010

College . . . eternity and the exact opposite!

BIG sigh . . .

College.

A dream? Or the opposite? Forever away? or too close!? It's almost like Charles Dickens' quote "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times . . ." I finally decided though that I want to go to college! I actually decided this Friday but didn't really say anything till yesterday to my mom. I have been thinking I want to major in Religious Education. Or just Education. with a minor in musical theory. I think - I'm still working it through in my head. My plans? go to BYU for maybe a year, then possibly switch to BYU Idaho. Maybe if I go into Education I'll go to George Wythe - like it said - I'm just mulling it over in my mind.

Yesterday my mother, sister (Lilly the awesome) and I went to take some home-made bread to my dear older brother Cameron. I miss him often. I miss being young and having my big brothers always there for me when I wanted them (but of course life just has it's way of . . . well that's another post so nevermind) :D anyway. So we brought him bread and after we met a couple of his roommates (Ben and . . . ?) (if I were older I'd be interested in the one that brought in his groceries of pizza and ice cream [haha] but I'm not and I'm not - pinky promise - but he sounds like a REALLY nice guy and I hope he finds happiness in life - good guy!), then my brother took us on a tour of campus but most of the buildings were closed :( I really wanted to go to the library and then at the same time did not want to go near it at all. Strange aversion for a bookworm :D By the way did I mention that college students are intimidating? They are! I will try my hardest not to be when I finally get there. So we toured - I liked the SWKT building, the other one with the big courtyard . . . and then just the feeling there was . . . neat. I like it a lot - if it weren't for the fact that EVERYONE I know wants to go there I'd go there in a heartbeat. BUT I don't want to follow the mainstream. I'll have to pray VERY hard before I decide which course I take. of course.

I can't believe I could be going to college in a minimun of two years!!! That just sounds SO CRAZY! I could go earlier but my mom wants me to stay where I'm at - unless moved by the Spirit to leave AHS early, which I haven't felt yet so I probably won't be. It's enough for me to finally feel the desire to go at all! Then again . . . it seems so far away! I can't believe how slow time passes but then when you look back it's as if it were yesterday that I can remember sixth grade or even fourth and fifth :) good times, good times . . .

I don't know whether I'll like college or not . . . but I sure hope I do. A LOT. I want to learn - I'm just sick of the HS feeling. I feel ready to move on in a couple of years. Definitely.

Well I'm done ranting about College. Maybe I'll rant more when I'm older . . . anyway!

Love Much!

Kaylla

No comments: