Monday, August 13, 2012

she's gettin' hitched!

one of my best friends is now engaged. slightly unexpected, yes. even now i'm not entirely sure how to react although i am very happy for the both of them.

secretly i hope she asks me to be one of her brides maids. that would be lovely. and i know that once the shock wears off, you will easily find me bouncing off the walls like the aunts in "my big fat greek wedding". no joke.

but secretly i regret that i have not already served my mission and could go inside the temple with her. i think i shall regret this more than anything. you don't really realize what you are missing when your own siblings are getting married but now...

then when i really get down and think about it again, i am super excited! life is just plowing on ahead and yes, it will take us by surprise sometimes but it is all just so wonderful. i can hardly wait to see her in her wedding dress on that day. to watch her as she starts her family and her married life {just as long as she doesn't forget her single friends!}, and all of life's events now coming at her. yes, i'm so excited. it is proof that life is simply full of wonderful surprises.

although...it's really weird to realize that she is only three months older than me. makes me wonder...

who's next? surely not...me?

but just like i know that this special young lady would never marry just anyone, neither would i. so if i do find myself marrying sooner than i could expect in my five year plan, then so be it. besides, i think it will be fun some day when all my friends and i are married and we sit around on someone's back porch and talk about how wonderfully happy we truly have become.

so yeah, gettin' hitched doesn't sound too bad! {kidding mom! you don't need to worry about me anytime soon}

No comments: