Saturday, February 25, 2012

i found the right one in a pawn shop.

we went guitar hunting.

my mom, my best friend, and i

first we went to a pawn shop

and although it was beat up

and had a fiberglass back

and honestly i didn't think i liked it

i went straight to it.

he tuned it and i listened

we tried multiple guitars in there

and then we left.

we walked over to another store

one with only brand new guitars

but i didn't like any of them.

except maybe one or two

but even then i kept partly wanting

to go back to the old guitar.

my best friend could tell that

the new guitars, weren't right.

so we went back to the pawn shop

and i played the old ovation again.

i knew it was the right guitar.

and so my mom wished me

Happy Birthday...early.

and bought it, and a case.

we drove home and once there

we cleaned it up and wiped it off

and then we tuned it.


and i love her.


she has many scars and a deep crack

but she also has a story to tell, to sing.

she's all mine. and she always will be.


i love my guitar.

No comments: