Friday, September 9, 2011

storytime.

it's really humorous...i was telling lilly all about my friend who gave me that wonderful hug and how we're getting to know each other and i just wanted to share two little mini stories with you.

{sidenote:} i'm afraid i might be leading a certain reader astray, at least maybe i think so, you know who you are, and no....it's not like that. as i was telling Amaya, i'm just exploring. and i really seriously just needed that hug. you wouldn't understand - because i don't think you've ever had to go weeks without a hug from any good friend. it's a hard thing, trust me.

so, this does not mean that i am...y'know, whatever. but it does mean i'm paying enough attention to write this down...documentation is key to a good memory.

so today. at lunch. i sat down next to alicea because that was where there was somewhere to sit. i didn't realize that his stuff was right next to me, he wasn't there when i went into the vestibule {a window place thingy in front of the doorways} so when he sat down next to me i was a little...uncomfortable. i mean, i do know of at least one other girl who has a thing for him {which is...understandable, he's a flirt, i even told him he was yesterday and he agreed.}

{sidenote:} wednesday i was leaving the drama room and he was there right in front of door talking to someone, and i had told charlie and amaya that i had to go make some urgent phone calls {oh the pleasures of being laurel president} (: and as i was leaving he pulled my backpack. i swung around cause i hadn't seen who'd done it and we started talking because he obviously had wanted to get my attention. i asked about his family etc, and how we always have awkward conversations, especially in front of the seminary building...and i found out that another kid named Josh wasn't his friend - he's his brother! funny stuff. {end of sidenote}

so at lunch we just talked and talked the whole time, he shared his birthday cake which his mom had made with a special more natural sugar {it was zingy! and i didn't necessarily care for it personally...but it was so funny to see his reaction, how happy he was to share. that was cute} {sometimes he totally acts like a teenager, but a lot of the time it feels like he's lots older} and we talked about the Haymonds, he mostly knows Sis. Haymond and the boys. i told him Mr. Haymond is like a second dad to me. we talked about school and i explained the reason i was taking choir {we were talking about reasons for certain classes}, jason asked who he was taking to homecoming haha, he wouldn't tell us. he did tell us though that he'd be using fireworks. oh! also - i was leaning agains the door in the vestibule, and because of the door and which way it was facing...my back kept moving back and forth while i tried to not lean to hard against it thus opening it. i did this just...quietly, i didn't want to make a big deal of it and move because then i'd also lose my chance to talk to him. without saying anything he grabbed his {it looked heavy too} backpack, opened the other door and shoved his in front of my door, stopping it from opening on me. it was so sweet of him. he's a good friend. people like that make me happy inside.

we also talked about clothes...can't remember why haha and he told me how he wears a lot of black shirts and white shirts on accident because that's just the kind of clothes he gets from doing plays and after school activities. he told me white ones make him want to do adventurous things, also wearing his white converse does that. he's so random. it's fun.

so then i stayed while all my other friends left to get some things done during lunch and i took care of some stuff while he ate his lunch and we talked because i had no where else to go. when i left i just couldn't. help...looking back at him. a bit. he's such an interesting person. i've never met anyone quite like him. very confident, yet he comes across so shy and nervous to talk to girls sometimes. we also talked about that, about girls and boys and how when they are friends how good it is. like...guys really are horrible just alone. but then it's the same thing when it's just girls. he told him he learned over his summer that he needed girls in his life, not like...i dunno, but female company. i told him i learned i could do without - i don't need them. or...really one in particular. {i'll admit, sometimes i still feel like i need him...that one specific fella...but life is changing for me. i don't think i can ever go back. which makes me sad but...life is moving forward as fast as a rollercoaster and there's no way for me to stop it. he didn't buy a ticket.}

anyway.

then in musical theater (:

We've been learning about musical triggers and about how music effects the movements and the actions etc. so we got into groups of three and performed a small silent skit to the music, almost like pantomiming but we had props, so it wasn't. rachel and seth were in my group and we did a bus stop where rachel steals my money and seth...steals it from her! it was lots of fun (:

{this post is turning much longer than i had originally thought....}

after class was over and i'd asked mrs dunn my question about music, i was walking behind this table and seth was sitting on it, i gently pulled on the hook thingy on the back of his backpack, like he did on wednesday to get my attention. wow. he over-reacted by a small bit...he completely did a summer-sault almost off the desk {pretending i'd pulled really hard} and fell on the floor at my feet. it really surprised me but then i started to play along and pretended to kick him a couple of times and punch him. {sidenote: i think a certain girl in my class likes him a little, or maybe she frowns like that naturally...?} and then i decided to stop and help him up. i offered him my hand and he took it....and pulled me down on the ground! he was pretty strong too. we sat there laughing on the ground for a bit and then i sat up and he did too. he stood up first, both of us still laughing and he put both hands out to help me up and i gave my hands to him. it was strange the way he held out his hands...not important but i've never had it done that way.

so he pulled me up...really fast, so fast that my backpack lifted higher than me and gravity brought it back down with a bump. haha, so i jumped back up with his help and then my backpack pulled me almost all the way back down. we really couldn't stop laughing after that. it was just too funny. he reminds me kind of, of my brother cameron... (:

so then i said goodbye, a few times because we were still joking around and then i left. oh, i also asked him when he was going to ask his girl to homecoming, i hope it all works out for him (:

i rode the bus...and i just couldn't stop being happy. it was also way nice because my bus-stop was changed to first! that really made me happy (: and then all my class schedule stuff worked out too! and then everything worked out for the dance...which i shall tell you about in a separate post because this one is far far too long (:

Kaylla

{post script:} pictures coming soon...cross your finers.

No comments: