Sunday, August 7, 2011

day seven: best friends?


best friends are over-rated. i like thinking that everyone and no one is my best friend. if there were a friend that i were closest to, it would be Christ. since you already {hopefully} know about Him, i will introduce you to some other close friends.

lilly. my older sister. she's always there for me even when i don't want her there. she has a beautiful laugh and is always happy to follow after my in ridiculous schemes like running around in torrential rainstorms, having competitions as to who can stay out the longest. she also teaches me patience, in a good way of course. i love her.

kaytlyn. a breath of fresh air after being surrounded by a concentrated drink of girlishness, kaytlyn is my role model. in complete control of herself she never seems to be down. some of the best laughs i have ever had have been with her, and some of the best girl talks have also been with her. she is just so down to earth and so sarcastic, she always makes me feel good about myself. and i wish i had listened to her advice at the beginning of last year. this time i will though.

madison. for every horrid thing that i have done in the past, he has always been there to forgive me. i regret a lot of the bad memories and experiences; but i think we both learned a lot through all of it. he was always there for me to talk to though, when he was in utah that is haha. although we're not as close as we used to be, i consider him one of my closest friends.

kelsey. haha cow bell. maybe we don't have deep deep conversations but i love this girl with my whole heart. so witty and fun to be around she is the same breath of sunshine like kaytlyn is. they often come hand in hand as well. take all of us, a bag of M&M's, a random syfy show and we're set for a crazy night of gibberish translation and bashful moments. bulk up.

nicole. always a good ear for my relentless ramblings and a constant support to me when i was going through heck; nicole is also just a glimpse of how life should be: complete trust in God and happiness with the present, no matter how dim the light may appear to be.

brittani. she's quite the butt munch. we don't always agree, in fact we disagree more than we agree really. we used to be like twins or sisters...but we had a falling out, which was both of our faults. i don't consider her a very close friend anymore but because we once were best friends i feel she deserves the respect of recognition. all the same; i still love her.

and that's about it i guess. there are other people who have been really great friends to me of course, especially now that i am making new friends here in elk ridge - some of which i hope to someday call my really close friends, especially chad, jessica, megan, rachel, tawni, kayli, spencer, alex, collin, craig, alicea, allie...i seriously already cannot imagine my life without them. i feel like i've been to efy. and though i don't have serious friendships with them yet...i'm REALLY crossing my fingers. i will be disappointed if they aren't all my friends by next month, haha like chad the champ told me - we're all acquaintances for the first month and after that? we are friends.

he wont let me skip to the friend part ;P

these are my closest friends, and hopefully soon-to-be's

kaylla

ps - the picture is from singers retreat {i will be writing a post about that amazing experience} L to R: me, allie, kayli, adrienne, alicea, jessica - all the altos. i love my alto friends (:

No comments: