Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Will You?



will you promise me to never love me more than God?

will you always tell me what your heart is saying?

will you wrap me in your arms when i miss home the most?

will you kiss away the tears that come when a friend dies?

will you love me and tell me that that will never end?

will you never leave me to feel lonely and full of doubt?

will you laugh with me till our sides hurt with it?

will you admire the beauty of the stars late at night with me?

will you wrestle me to the ground but let my amazing karate moves win?

will you sit with me in the january snow, wishing grandma could hug me again?

will you let me drive your car and lie, telling me i'm a good driver?

will you act like a fool, just to let me know i'm not the only one?

will you rub your whiskers against my face when i miss dad's brisk hugs?

will you give me a promise i can believe, that you won't leave me for another?

will you be someone whose actions and words i can both trust?

will you please never yell a single word at me?

will you play with our children and always be there for them?

will you be human, make mistakes but always say sorry?

will you understand that i have made and do make mistakes...and always forgive me?

will you listen to me play the piano and teach me to play guitar?

will you take black-and-white photos of random objects to show me?

will you stand with me by the ocean's side, remembering lost friends?

will you rub my back when it starts to hurt?

will you grow old with me?

will you always make the first move and be a leader?

will you protect my eyes and ears from things they ought not to hear?

will you be patient with me when i am temperamental as heck?

will you let me promise to promise all the same to you?

because i will.

will you?

No comments: