Saturday, May 19, 2012

"peace eternal peace."


i drove to the cemetery with my mom just now. it was very peaceful. so very much so that i wanted to stay honestly. but i'd only have done that if i could be alone. maybe once i have my license that will be a place i can go to just think things out sometimes. {i get my license this next week! i know...about time}

there's a lot of confusion going around in my head. a lot of uncertainty about my future, what i want to do with it and how to react with how others have used my past and are using my present. i have to respond in a way which will reflect the true daughter of God that i am.

sometimes that means saying goodbye to things we love. sometimes we need to say that goodbye because they are hurting more than helping us reach those goals which are paramount. such as my serving a mission.

i will not give that up for anyone or anything.

so yes...i really enjoyed driving to the cemetery.

there was the tombstone of one of the founders of salem. the last line stated "peace eternal peace." and to me it was just the thing i needed. i've always recognized the spirit and goodness from that peace i feel from my Savior. when i do not feel that peace...i know that i need to kneel and trust more in him. i need to submit more to His love and kindness, because even when he doesn't say "yes", He isn't saying no. He is simply saying "I have something better in mind."

so here's to my new thinking spot. here's to a new life to come. here's to my best friend, Jesus Christ. here's to friends who will come and go in my life as much as they choose but will always leave their mark, for good or for bad. here's to the coming summer where i will hopefully be able to quickly get a job. here's to missionaries and the lessons i have learned from those long returned, presently serving and soon-to-serve. here's to making all my hopes and dreams come true, because only i can create that and make it all happen.

here's to peace...eternal peace.

No comments: