Saturday, January 7, 2012

if i were the kind of girl to write sappy letters















this would be one of them.
but i generally don't see myself as that kind of person
so this isn't.

but if it were, i'd tell him how much i love him
and how i've never loved anyone quite like this before

i'd tell him how i've always been afraid
but when he holds me in his arms, i've never had so much faith

there'd be a few jokes in there about french kisses and awkward photos
maybe a line or two about happiness as well

i might talk about dreams and lists and wishes
or maybe a small rant on how birthday candles never brought me
what i really wanted - "till there was you."

there'd probably be some entries from my journal
about how much i missed the person i'd never even met

i'd laugh as i reminisced about our walk in the snow
and how i'm pretty sure he fell on purpose

hopefully he'd end up reading the part over and over again
where i tell him i've fallen in love with him

because it's true
and if i were more sappy i'd seal it with my love
and add {always} after that one word.
because i would. and it will be.
and that my friend... is the unromantic love letter.

No comments: