Saturday, August 20, 2011

a life well endured.


Sis. Forsey passed away from this life a week or so ago.

there is something strange and foreign about death to everyone. whether you are involved on a very close level or are simply watching a movie, it affects everyone. i remember the moment i was told that my grandma had passed. it felt as if all the air had escaped from my whole soul. the very first post of this blog {back in the day when it was called "butterflies"} was inspired by the death of my friend and teacher, Bro. Pribil. I still remember exactly the moment i heard about him too.

i'm not suicidal or anything...but i've always just wondered what it is like to pass from one life to the next. i can't get passed the idea that it must be very painful.

for those people who know in advance that they are going to die soon...how do they do it? Sis. Forsey was a strong woman like that. she always endured. she always loved everyone. i remember my young women's class with her and sis. biesinger. i always felt completely loved by them. never less.

i don't like viewings. i realized when we arrived at the funeral, that we had moved before sis. forsey got sick, so i had never seen her any worse than she was at her best. walking down the hallway toward the last minute viewing...i stopped. i didn't want to remember her like that. i remembered seeing bro. pribil, and seeing that it wasn't him...it was just his body. i started to cry. it had sunk in to me that she was gone. i couldn't go see her though.

it's kind of strange, but i don't think anything has made me believe in God more than seeing a body without it's spirit. the absence of life makes me miss it all the more.

but thank you sis. forsey. i love you. i know you are at peace now. the Lord had a plan for you and you fulfilled it beautifully. thank you for always loving me. thank you for always being there for us. please...say hello to my grandparents for me? i miss them the more i forget them.

lots of love up heaven avenue...
Kaylla

No comments: