Friday, July 29, 2011

day two: mi primer amore


it was the first dance you saved for me, it was talking to me about cross country, it was the late night texting, the early morning hellos, the random conversations, the deep ones about the ocean and other things, it was the attempt to take me to cali in the spring, it was the continual patience, the moments of understanding, it was the laughs late at night, it was singing Lips in the basement, it was watching tangled, it was ice skating together, it was searching the stake dance crowds for the familiar face, it was the fun at jump-on-it, it was the night of prom {cough i mean "royal ball" haha}, it was the honesty, it was the playing soccer out on the field, it was sitting in the hall together sometimes talking sometimes quiet, it was the scars his cleats left on my feet, it was the overfilled-sprite feeling in my stomach when his arm would reach around me, it was the wonderful friend who would always listen, it was all him.

his name was madison. he was my first kiss, and i his first girlfriend, and the first boy who i told him i loved him. because i did, and i do. maybe over time it's changed more into the love of a friend or brother/sister, but i consider him one of my closest friends. he gave me beautiful memories and dreams, beautiful realities.

i made lots of mistakes and stupid decisions, and he was always willing to forgive me. i never got to cry on his shoulder, or share my deepest secrets with him, but i know that if i had he would have taken care of them just as i have.

it ended though, i had to move away and he was going to california to save for a mission, working for his dad there. it broke my heart; but we're still friends. i'm a silly romantic so of course i sometimes wish we could have stayed more than just friends...but what happens isn't always our choice. this certainly wasn't mine.

if you ever read this madison; thank you for the most beautiful first chance. good luck. i know you will go far. thank you for being the closest thing to a best friend that i had.

love,
kaylla

ps - the bracelet on his wrist? hence this post.

No comments: